Monday, January 14, 2008

Visual Biography

This is something I finished for my design studio class today. We were just supposed to make a visual biography of ourselves with a couple pieces of work that we've done. For the background, I decided to go with a tree picture I took last winter. I took out the telephone wires and houses and changed the color from blue to this orange and green color scheme. The tree represents myself and my journey to where I am today. The tree also branches off in different directions representing the different sides of graphic design and myself. The other pieces of art are my alphabet I designed, my country music concert poster, my Cooper Black typeface poster, and a logo that I created for my dad (B2P). I also have my logo on the bottom next to the blurb that says:

"I think I was destined to be an artist, as I was always painting and coloring as a child. It was always in me, even though I am passionate about a lot of other things as well. After pursuing a different dream and graduating with a biomedical and chemistry degree from Western, I knew I still wasn't in the right place. My artistic side was calling me back. I am now almost finished with my graphic design degree, and I know I am doing the right thing. It makes me that happiest, and I love to create."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in the right place. You are doing a fantastic job right now and I am very proud of you.