Thursday, January 24, 2008

Illustration Friday - PLAIN

She might just be plain lazy.. but those are not plain ears! She's always listening..

Hooray! My first Illustration Friday artwork. And just in the nick of time! Phew! This was painted in Corel, and the only brush I used was the captured bristle acrylic brush. I used the fine detail blender for some of the ends of the hair, and the smear blender for the pillow and ball. I wanted to do the entire piece without using a blender but I was running very low on time and this was taking far longer than expected.. Maybe in the future I will try to finish it without blending it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

.......holy crap?

What else can I say?

life without novacaine said...

Wow! This is fantastic. I can't believe this was done digitally, you are very talented!

lil kim said...

that is totally amazing!! The fur is picture perfect. Great work!!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Wow, really awesome!

Carmen SaldaƱa said...

Exceptional, is perfect¡¡¡The technique is very good. Besides, it´s a beatiful illustration.
:-)

Ellen said...

Beautiful!

Zari said...

i can't belive this was done digitally...it's amazing! you are so talented ;)

flashmeluck said...

This is really amazing! Corgis can be quite lazy:) You did a wonderful job, im truly impressed!

Shaun Moore said...

great furr

sharpie_girl2004 said...

Dang you Steph....this looks so good....so how long did it take to do it? it looks absolutly beautiful, i can't believe you were able to get it done...lata

Juan said...

You have such an amazing talent! Boomer looks absolutely brilliant! Keep up the hard work :)

Anonymous said...

Looks exactly like the real thing lying here next to me. You are so talented and I am so proud of you.

Mike Laughead said...

This is really great. Because the dog is so well done I'm only going to mention that the rest of the illustration should look as well done. I advise using more than just one kind of brush. The effect on the fur is great but no so much on the bag and the ball. I do understand that you were rushed in the end. Very good job, very well done.