Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Paintings!

My second painting for my oil painting class. I used a collection of pictures I took in Belize to come up with this composition. This painting also uses texture. I added gesso to toilet paper, sugar, toothpicks, a sponge, oats, and some string and placed these objects in specific places in the painting in order to make the picture "pop out" more. Unfortunately you can barely see it on this picture. Your best bet is to take a closer look at the tips of the leaves and you might be able to see some texture. :) Overall, I learned how to make the sky and the water warm instead of cool - very valuable lesson when creating a tropical painting!


This next picture is my final for the class. I used some pictures I took at the Holland tulip festival for inspiration. I also researched Georgia O'Keefe before painting this. I wanted to paint something similar to her style. I think I achieved this, and I learned how to make it into my own style at the same time! Very pleased with this... stay tuned for more flower pictures of this style. ;)




No comments: