Monday, March 30, 2009

Oil Painting

Until now I have stayed far away from oils and spent my time with friendly acrylic paints.. but the time has finally come for me to give oils a shot. They are harder to work with than acrylic, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it! Whoo! Or at least I'm not as frustrated with them as I was in the beginning.. so that's something!

This was our "painting a glass" assignment... Not too shabby for one of my first tries with oils.


This is my first big project for my class. We had to choose two colors and paint at least 3 forms. As you can see, I chose green and purple. However, I did add some blue and red to the purple for slightly different hues, and the picture I took above is showing these added colors a lot more than in real life. But you get the idea ;)


No comments: